Caroline’s Doughnuts Mix makes 24 doughnuts.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 70ml Lukewarm water
- 50g Butter OR Margarine
- 70g Lukewarm milk
- 2 Eggs
- Enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- Empty the contents of the pack into a clean bowl. You will find a small pouch with yeast.
- In a large bowl, mix the lukewarm water with the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes till the yeast foams. Add the Doughnut mix, butter OR margarine, eggs and lukewarm milk. Mix until well combined. Cover the dough and set aside in a warm place to double and rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a pot at medium heat.
- Grease the hands with oil or margarine to avoid sticking. Dust a flat clean surface with some flour. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about half a cm and cut out shapes.
- Deep fry the Doughnuts cooking for 1 minute or less on each side until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oil and place onto a prepared rack or kitchen towel.
Wheat flour, sugar, yeast and salt.